Global Breakfast Radio

Non amateur radio related discussions.
ke5nub
Global Breakfast Radio

Post by ke5nub » Tue Mar 24, 2015 8:03 pm

I have been giving this a listen over the past week. I have noticed a lot similarities to what I have become accustomed to. However, it is the small differences that really stand out.

The following is from their information page at http://www.globalbreakfastradio.com/fil ... elease.pdf

The sun is always rising somewhere; breakfast is always just about to happen. Dinner time in
Dakar is breakfast time in Brisbane. And in the background of breakfast is radio, soundtrack to a billion bowls of cereal or congee, shakshuka or api, porridge or changua.

Global Breakfast Radio aggregates radio stations from across the world, constantly streaming
broadcasts from wherever it’s breakfast-time right now. It’s the equivalent of a plane flying west with the sunrise, constantly tracking the chatter and music of people across the planet.
In some small way, Global Breakfast Radio hopes to be a way of travelling globally through the medium of radio. It’s about the leap of imagination you make when you tune into a broadcast from a station hundreds or thousands of miles away – and for a time you hum the same song as a butcher in Memphis, a taxi driver in Jerusalem, or a lawyer in Jakarta.

The station draws from over 250 stations in more than 120 countries, broadcasting in over 50 different languages.
Keith Alan Dotson - KE5NUB
Newsletter Editor for HAM
Ham Association of Mesquite
ke5nub@yahoo.com
kad75043.com