NCTC Linked System

General Discussions.
W5NDC
NCTC Linked System

Post by W5NDC » Tue Apr 28, 2015 4:10 pm

It appears Chris has pulled his repeaters from the NCTC link. After noticing it had been unlinked for a couple weeks, I checked in on their Thursday night net last week through the Arlington Repeater. When stating I usually monitor the Dallas (Mesquite) repeater but noticed it wasn't linked at the moment and hope it was linked again soon. Net control appeared to have danced around the issue and made no mention of if they were working on issues or what not and if it would be linked again soon. Simply directed me to alternative repeaters. After speaking with others we found this a little suspicious. Sunday I noticed their site was down. I thought maybe it was just a server issues. So I tried to go to their site yesterday and it was still down. Putting two and two together I started to investigate this further. Last update on RepeaterBook for KA5PQK which is the Mesquite link for Dallas was on 4-22-2015 states "removed and added features, removed nets and website, added input freq". Removed features being NCTC and added features being e-power, linked to Weatherford and Decatur, and of course website being the NCTC website which explains why I was unable to visit it.

So it appears Chris has removed his three repeaters from the link and pulled the website down and is no longer running NCTC, at least not the website anymore since the domain was in his name and associating his three repeaters. The other repeaters are still in operation and linked. Question is, anyone does anyone know why the fall out?