June Meeting

General Discussions.
ab5rm
June Meeting

Post by ab5rm » Tue Jun 02, 2015 7:49 pm

Because the city is working on our regular meeting location at Rutherford, the June meeting has been relocated to the Senior Room at Evans Recreation Center, 1116 Hillcrest, just off of Gross Road. 7 pm meeting time as usual. We will be hashing out the final details of Field Day. Y'all come.
יזכר לא עד פעם

K5SLR

Re: June Meeting

Post by K5SLR » Sun Jun 07, 2015 3:52 pm

I was unable to make it to the meeting.

What are the plans for Field Day ? I'll be in town this year and would like to participate.

ab5rm

Post by ab5rm » Mon Jun 08, 2015 7:52 am

Several items such as radios, antennas, and tower are in the possession of various club members. We will all come together around 9 am at Paschall Park Pavillion and get started setting up the stations. Paschall Park is located on New Market Road, on the north side and we have been there several times in prior years. We are planning on hot dogs and hamburgers for dinner, and we need operators who can work deep into the night and early Sunday morning. Well that isn't quire true. We need operators. Period! Each station will have computer logging and they will be networked so we can avoid trying to work duped stations. Club is supplying water. If you must have soda, BYOB. We've given up trying to out think people's preferences! If you have specific questions, post them here.

Gary
AB5RM
יזכר לא עד פעם

K5SLR

Post by K5SLR » Mon Jun 08, 2015 4:24 pm

Thanks for the info Gary. I'll try to make it in time for setup, and I'm up for some of the late night ops.

Do you know if we'll have a PSK-31 setup this time ? I rather enjoyed working that mode last time I was at FD.

73's

Todd - K5SLR

ab5rm

Post by ab5rm » Mon Jun 08, 2015 5:45 pm

They are planning on PSK. It works better if there is someone there to work the station, so plan on bringing the No Doze.
יזכר לא עד פעם

K5SLR

Post by K5SLR » Mon Jun 08, 2015 6:56 pm

I sense a theme. :)

I pinged NT5DF and KG5BCX ( non HAM members ) and told them we need ops. Both are interested.

We shall see.