ke5nub
20190101 Tuesday Information Net Items

Post by ke5nub » Tue Jan 01, 2019 8:55 pm

Net Control Schedule :

01/08 – Les, K5IBK
01/15 – Neil, KE5NSS
01/22 – Your Call Goes Here !
01/29 – Your Call Goes Here !

ARES & RACES Nets – The RACES net is on the first Tuesday of the month at 9 p.m. on the WJ5J/R. The ARES net is on the third Tuesday of the month at 9 p.m. on the WJ5J/R. The RACES session for January falls on January 1st, no session will be held.

Newsletter Items – Anything you would like to submit for the newsletter needs to be sent to Keith, ke5nub, by 5 p.m. on Wednesday 01/02. That is tomorrow.

January Meeting - Please join us Thursday 01/03 at 7 p.m. We meet at the Rutherford Community Center at 900 Rutherford Dr, in Mesquite, TX. The Board of Directors meeting is just prior to the monthly meeting at 6:30 p.m. The club president office is currently open and a special election is scheduled to fill the position. Want to get your feet wet being a club officer? This would be an excellent opportunity as the annual officer elections are coming up in March.

ARRL VE Test team is bringing Amateur Radio FCC license testing back to Mesquite. The team is headed by Janet Crenshaw (WB9ZPH). This will be at the Mesquite Fire Department Training Facility located 215 Holley Park Dr. Testing is scheduled for the second Thursday of January through September with doors opening at 6:30pm and testing to start at 7:00pm.

The HAM election of officers is schedule for March 2019. Please consider running for an officer in HAM and providing your knowledge and guidance for the next year.

Cowtown Hamfest and North Texas Section Convention on Jaunuary 18th and 19th.
This is off of I-20 about half way between East Loop 820 and I-35 West.
Forest Hill Civic & Convention Center Forest Hill, TX
Visit http://cowtownhamfest.com for class schedules.

RTTY Round up on January 5 & 6 – The Objective is for Amateurs worldwide to contact and exchange QSO information with other amateurs using the digital modes such as RTTY, PSK, FT8, Olivia, Feld Hell and FSQ on the 80, 40, 20, 15, and 10 meter bands. Any station may work any other station. Stations may be worked once per band, regardless of mode. More info at ARRL.org

January VHF and Up on January 19 & 21 – This one is for amateurs in the US and Canada to work as many amateur stations in as many different Maidenhead grid squares as possible using frequencies above 50 MHz.

Tech Talk :

Phone App of the Week is Echo Link – Is anyone currently using Echo Link? Is there any interest in HAM hosting an Echo Link node? I was asked by Tim Green, KP5YPC, about this as he can no longer hit the Mesquite repeaters after moving out east of the area.

Net Logger – I have installed it and used it a few times. I have found it useful but not very intuitive to use. Does anyone in the group have experience using this program? Any operating tips to help out new users? [ not on the net. Saved for later. ]

FT8 on 2 meters? Stations from across the US were making contacts into Europe and further east. [ not on the net. Saved for later. ]
Keith Alan Dotson - KE5NUB
Newsletter Editor for HAM
Ham Association of Mesquite
ke5nub@yahoo.com
kad75043.com