20190122 Tuesday Information Net Items

Post by ke5nub » Tue Jan 22, 2019 7:49 pm

Net Control Schedule :

01/29 – Les, K5IBK
02/05 –
02/12 –
02/19 –
02/26 –

Scouts will be working on the Radio merit badge and getting on the air this Saturday from Eastfield College. Please keep an ear out for Allen, W5RAG, on the WJ5J repeater as he works with the Scouts this Saturday.

Winter Field Day – This weekend from 1 p.m. on Saturday until 1 p.m. on Sunday. The objective is to have fun while testing out your gear. More info is available at winterfieldday.com I will be setting up and testing my equipment on Thursday evening. I would welcome anyone else that wants to test out software settings and macros to meet me on VHF simplex to do so. Send a call out on the WJ5J repeater to set that up.

Richardson Wireless Klub's 2019 Winter Field Day event will be held at Lookout Park. Email wfd@k5rwk.org if you need more information.

DARC will be set up at the Farmer Branch Fire Department’s Administration Building located at 13333 Hutton Dr, Farmers Branch TX.

The Sachse club will be operating from the North Point Church, 7030 Hwy 78, Sachse.

ARES & RACES Nets – The RACES net is on the first Tuesday of the month at 9 p.m. on the WJ5J/R. The ARES net is on the third Tuesday of the month at 9 p.m. on the WJ5J/R.

Newsletter Items – Anything you would like to submit for the newsletter needs to be sent to Keith, ke5nub@yahoo.com, by 5 p.m. on Monday 02/04.

January Meeting - Please join us Thursday 02/07 at 7 p.m. We meet at the Rutherford Community Center at 900 Rutherford Dr, in Mesquite, TX. The Board of Directors meeting is at 6:30 p.m. just prior to the monthly meeting.

The HAM election of officers is schedule for March 2019. Please consider running for an officer in HAM and providing your knowledge and guidance for the next year. The election committee consists of Les, K5IBK, Neil, KE5NSS, and Keith, KE5NUB. Please let anyone on the committee know if you are interested in running for an office.

Amateur Radio FCC license testing is back in Mesquite. The team is headed by Janet Crenshaw (WB9ZPH). This will be at the Mesquite Fire Department Training Facility located 215 Holley Park Dr. Testing is scheduled for the second Thursday of each month. Doors open at 6:30 pm and testing to start at 7:00 pm. It is my understanding that 3 people tested for a new license at last months session.

Skywarn Training on Saturday the 16th of February in Garland at the Granville Auditorium. The basic training is from 9 a.m. until noon. The advanced training is from 1:30 until 4 o’clock. The complete list of North Texas training sessions is at https://www.weather.gov/fwd/skywarnsch?sptrsch

Mentor Fest is on April 27th at the Hella Shrine Temple at 2121 Rowlett Road in Garland, TX 75040 More info will be at posted at
http://www.arrlntx.org/mentorfest as the date gets closer. The club has been invited to set up a table.
Keith Alan Dotson - KE5NUB
Newsletter Editor for HAM
Ham Association of Mesquite
ke5nub@yahoo.com
kad75043.com