How to do a sick day right

General Discussions.
kd5kxf
How to do a sick day right

Post by kd5kxf » Tue Mar 04, 2014 7:28 pm

I had to lay up today, getting the good old pic line and iv tomorrow... so after a bit of daytime tv and feeling like I might just go postal I pulled the coax over to the bed and pulled out my pfr 3 with the built in tuner and key. This rig was made for this kind of lazy operating. I called CQ on 14.060 and immediately got a taker and then when signed was tailended several more times so I ran a really nice string of qso's with seriously loud signals. The solar is doing it's thing for sure! I am going to go fish on 30 and 40 later but my 5 watts was making the trip just fine. It is fun when guys you know on qrp-l hear your call and jump in and say howdy. It beat the #$%& out of daytime tv too. Hope you guys are all well... get on the HF bands, they are hopping.

It is nice chatting with folks of similar interest, whether it is dx, qrp or the sk crowd. I even worked another qrper in Odessa. I have never worked TX on 20 before... then the next call was from OH. Interesting conditions and then I worked W and E coasters... all of them very easy copy with no qsb at all. I bet grayline will kick it good tonight, I guess I better go hit the bottom of 20 now. :mrgreen:

Mike KD5KXF