Ham Tower

List your gear here.
ab5rm
Re: Ham Tower

Post by ab5rm » Thu Apr 24, 2014 12:43 pm

A couple thoughts. I really hate Craig's List, but this might be a situation where it is useful. Sometimes people need a tower down and will give it away. I know of one tower right here in Mesquite that needs removal if it is still there, but we never could get enough tower monkeys together to get the job done. Beyond that, many people up north of here in the Sherman area used to have tall towers up for television reception. Now with new frequencies, etc. Those locations are now out of range of DFW, and sometimes they want the towers down. Agin, you have to find a crew to do the work, ut you can usually get the tower for free. Just don't drop it on their house, or you buy a new house.

Gary
AB5RM
יזכר לא עד פעם

ke5nub

Re: Ham Tower

Post by ke5nub » Thu May 15, 2014 2:50 pm

I agree with Gary in using Craigslist to locate a used tower for little monies. I have found that setting up automated searches works pretty darn good for things like this. Let the information come to you instead of spending time searching for it. An automated search happens even when you are not able to spend the time online to do so. Be sure to include the word "free" as a keyword. < grin >

Keith Dotson - KE5NUB
302-536-8766
My resume is posted at https://my.indeed.com/r/Keith-A/c8ef9b8549b32ea4
Reach me on Linked In and on Facebook .
Or, follow @kad75043 on Twitter.
Keith Alan Dotson - KE5NUB
Newsletter Editor for HAM
Ham Association of Mesquite
ke5nub@yahoo.com
kad75043.com